BSc (Hons) in Cyber Security (Top-Up)
This Computer Science degree awarded by University of Greenwich, UK in partnership with PIBTspecialising in cyber security will provide you with a firm grasp of the science underpinning computer and software systems. The modules you can study include Penetration Testing and Ethical Vulnerability Scanning, Computer Forensics and Information Security.
You will gain practical experience of developing systems using the latest technologies and techniques, as well as exposure to the latest trends that will shape the future of computer science. By the end of the course, you will be equipped to work independently and to develop and adapt your skills throughout your future career.
What you should know about this course:
- This degree provides the skills to develop, maintain, and design secure computer systems.
- You will learn about the security needs of networks, users and applications, and master the forensic techniques required in the investigation of computer crime.
- You’ll be equipped to understand and combat threats from hackers and criminals and keep data and personal information secure.
- University of Greenwich is an academic partner with the Chartered Institute of Information Security (CIISec), appointed by National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), which is part of GCHQ.
- The University of Greenwich has a long-standing relationship with the British Computer Society (BCS), which accredits our computing degree programmes. As this programme was extensively updated in 2019, it has a current designation of Initial Full Chartered Information Technology Professional (CITP) and Partial Chartered Engineer (CEng) accreditation for the 2019 intake. The accreditation status is expected to be confirmed in autumn 2022 after the first cohort of students graduate. Students will be kept updated on the status of this. In the very unlikely event that this does not progress as expected the university will support students with individual BCS membership applications at the point of graduation.
Human Computer Interaction & Design (15 Credit)
Requirement Management (15 Credit)
Network Security (15 Credit)
Information Security (15 Credit)
Core Specialized In Cyber Security Project (60 Credit)
Duration: 1 Year (Part Time Weekends)
Eligibility: Cyber Security HND, Advance Diploma, ACHNP or equivalent qualification